Loudoun Eye Associates ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL exams will be by appointment only.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision, or an adult who needs physical assistance. We will allow one caregiver. Please refrain from bringing siblings, other relatives, and friends to your appointment.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- A staff member will send you some intake forms via email or text. Please read over the HIPAA notice and fill out both the patient registration form and the two informed consent forms prior to coming into the office.
- We will send you a Wellness Screening Form (via email or text message) prior to coming into the office. This will need to be completed before entry into the office.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Please wear a mask that covers both your nose and mouth prior to entering the office. If you do not have your own mask, we could provide one for a small fee of $2. However, we encourage you to wear your own mask since we are doing our best to preserve our stock of PPE.
- We will do our best to observe 6-feet social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will also be provided as needed.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields will be installed at the front check-in desk. (pending)
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- The facility, including all of our equipment and eyeglass frames, will be disinfected constantly throughout the day, using CDC guidelines.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.