May 10, 2020
Dear patients of Loudoun Eye Associates,
Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic together. The health and safety of our patients, staff, and community is our top priority. After closely following the recommendations of the CDC, the American Optometric Association, and Governor Ralph Northam, we have decided to reopen to see routine eye examinations again starting Monday, May 18th!
Here are some of the measures we are instituting to improve upon our existing health and safety protocols:
- All visits will be by appointment only. We will not be accepting any walk-in visits at this time. This includes eye examinations, pick-ups, and other visits.
- You should try to come solo. However, if you are a minor or require assistance, please only bring one person to the appointment. Please refrain from bringing siblings, other relatives, and friends to your appointment.
- The front door will be locked in order to limit the number of visitors in our office at one time.
- We have lightened the schedule and are staggering appointment times. Only one doctor will be seeing patients per day.
- The facility, including all of our equipment and eyeglass frames, will be disinfected constantly throughout the day, using CDC guidelines.
- Staff members will be wearing face masks.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- You will be sent a Weave Wellness Screening Form (via text message) prior to coming into the office.
- A staff member will send you some intake forms via email or text. Please read over the HIPAA notice and fill out both the patient registration form and the two informed consent forms prior to coming into the office.
- On the morning of your appointment, we will text you a reminder to check into our “Curbside waiting room.”
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- When you arrive in our office parking lot, please text us by replying to the reminder text that was sent in the morning. We will let you know when we are ready to see you for your appointment.
- We will unlock the door and keep the door open in anticipation of your arrival.
- Please wear a mask that covers both your nose and mouth. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one.
- We will screen your temperature with a non-contact thermometer. Any person with a temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to exit the office, and your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Please wash your hands under the sink for at least 30 seconds with soap and water.
- We will do our best to observe 6-feet social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will also be provided as needed.