Dear patients of Loudoun Eye Associates,
As of Tuesday evening, March 17, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recommended all routine eye care be deferred until further notice in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 throughout our community.
From 3/20 through 3/27, the office will be open for patients to pick up their eyeglasses and contact lenses. Please contact us at (703) 724-0330, via phone or text message, to arrange for a window of time to schedule a pick-up.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We will also remain available to triage eye emergencies.
From 3/28 through at least 4/05, the office will be closed, but we will remain available to triage eye emergencies. We will continue to monitor the situation closely to determine when it is appropriate to re-open. During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care.
● Routine Eye Exams: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment for the remainder ofMarch and early April, we will reschedule your appointment. As of March 20, 2020, we will begin rescheduling routine eye examination appointments for April 20th and later.
● I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? Please contact us at (703) 724-0330, via phone or text message. We may be able to extend your prescription during this time and will help you with your eyewear needs.
● I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please contact us at (703) 724-0330, via phone or text message. We may be able to extend your prescription during this time, and/or place an order for your contact lenses and have them shipped to your house for free.
● I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do? Please contact us at (703) 724-0330, via phone or text message. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need.
● What about an eye emergency? What can I do? If you have an ocular emergency, contact us at (703)724-0330, via phone, and we will triage the problem. Please leave a message if we are unable to answer right away. If we determine that your condition needs a telehealth or in-person office visit, we will make the necessary arrangements.
Drs. Kao and Park and the staff at Loudoun Eye Associates will do their best to accommodate you whenever possible. We thank you for your patience. We are confident that our community will pull together and get through this difficult time.
Sincerely, Dr. Kao, Dr. Park, and the staff at Loudoun Eye Associates